NEW Water has implemented a new pretreatment program element called the Industrial Achievement Awards, which gives recognition to Significant Industrial Users (SIU) that demonstrate exceptional pretreatment performance.
The awards will be given at three different levels for each consecutive year of meeting established requirements. Those levels are as follows:
Silver Award: Meet the below requirements for the previous regulatory year.
Gold Award: Meet the below requirements for three consecutive years.
Platinum Award: Meet the below requirements for five consecutive years.
SIUs are evaluated with the following criteria:
- The industry must meet NEW Water's definition of a Significant Industrial User (SIU) and been in operation and permitted for the entire calendar year.
- The facility must be in full compliance with its Industrial Wastewater Discharge permit.
- The SIU must meet all permit self-monitoring and reporting requirements during the calendar year.
- The SIU must not have any numerical effluent limits violations except for pH during the calendar year.
- The pH criteria is as follows:
- For those SIUs that do not monitor for pH continuously, no pH effluent limitation may be violated during the calendar year.
- Where the 5.0 to 12.5 s.u. pH limitation applies to a SIU, no pH may be recorded at a value less than or equal to 4.6 or greater than or equal to 12.9 s.u. during the calendar year.
- The total time during which the pH values were outside the 5.0 to 12.5 s.u. pH limitation may not exceed 4 hours and 20 minutes over the course of either monitoring period.
Award Recipient Publication
Each year after receipt of the Periodic Compliance Reports in January, recipients will be determined by the Pretreatment Coordinator. If the SIU satisfies all of the requirements, the SIU will be placed into the appropriate award category according to the number of successful years.
The award recipients will be announced annually at the March Commission meeting. Award recipients will receive a certificate in honor of their achievement. An ad will be purchased in the Green Bay Press-Gazette publishing each year's winners. Each year's winners will also be displayed on NEW Water's website and included in the external quarterly newsletter.
If you have any questions regarding NEW Water's Pretreatment Program, or its Industrial Awards Program, please contact:
Pretreatment Program Coordinator
(920) 438 - 1079
Industrial Achievement Awards
NEW Water congratulates the following businesses for receiving the Silver, Gold, and Platinum Awards in recognition of consecutive years of full compliance with wastewater discharge standards and requirements for 2017.
Thanks for helping protect our area waters!
Platinum Award Recipients (5+ years):
Bay Towel, Inc.
Expera Specialty Solutions
Georgia-Pacific Consumer Operations LLC
Industrial Engraving Corporation
U.S. Paper Mills Corp - Sonoco
Valley Plating and Fabricating
Gold Award Recipients (3-4 years):
American Metal Finishing, Inc.
Astro Industries, Inc.
Brown County Solid Waste - East Landfill
Fox River Fiber
Green Bay Packaging - Coated Products Division
Medalcraft Mint, Inc.
RR Donnelley - Broadway
Silver Award Recipients (1-2 year):
Akzo Nobel Pulp and Performance Chemicals
Austin Straubel International Airport
Green Bay Packaging - Shipping Container Division
Klemm Tank Lines
MicroStar Quality Services
RR Donnelley - Scheuring
Scott's Industrial Coatings - Ontario